Getting Some Unity

Having started prototyping with Blender, I was finding that some of the tasks that needed to be done to quickly get to a functional prototype were just not happening very quickly. I wanted to use an open source game engine if possible to reduce the potential cost of distributing a finished program but I have found some elements of the Blender game engine too time consuming.

With this in mind I have switched development of the game engine to Unity which is well used in the games industry. Although it is a licensed engine so costs will be incurred down the line, it can be used free for development by individuals so I will just have to cross the licensing part of the bridge when I come to it. I am hoping that this decision will be worth it to push things forward. I am already feeling quite at home in the development environment and I will still be using Blender to generate the 3D assets for the program.

Leave a Reply